Recently Samsung has made a pretty exciting announcement. A few hours ago (at midnight Eastern time) they have started accepting pre-orders for the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 edition. The device will be available in the USA on October 10th.
The WiFi-only model is priced at $549.99 or $599.99, depending on whether you want 16 or 32 gigabytes of storage. The device will be available in 2 colors: Jet Black or Classic White.
Besides the offline storage, the US customers will be entitled to 50 gigabytes on Dropbox (free for 2 years). Also in the US bundle will be a 12-week subscription to The New York Times and a one-year subscription to Bloomberg Businessweek. A full list of the available goodies is available on this Samsung.com page.
The updated specs for the device are the following:
- RAM: 3GB.
- Processor: quad-core Exynos 5420.
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (later to be upgraded to Jelly Bean).
- Display: 2560×1600 pixels WQXGA Super Clear LCD.
- Interface: Magazine Style UX (“My Magazine”).
- Battery capacity: 7000mAh.
- Camera: 1.9 megapixel with auto focus and an LED flash.
- Screen sensitivity: 1,024 different pressure levels.
The S Pen has been updated, too. It now offers a more responsive and efficient experience. The S Pen software suite now includes the following tools and applications:
- Air Command – functionality that provides easy access to the other S Pen – related tools and apps.
- Action Memo – new app for taking notes.
- Scrapbooker – allows to organize interesting content
- Screen Write – allows to easily capture and edit screenshots.
- S Finder – allows to search the entirety of the data stored on the device, including notes, settings, etc.
- Pen Window – allows one to draw a “window” using the S Pen – and, from within it, access a selection of applications.
- S Note – the already familiar app for taking notes, bundled with all devices in Samsung’s Note series.
Speaking of fresh software, the new Note 10.1 will feature a custom, redesigned Twitter client with S Pen integration and multi-window capabilities. The 10.1-inch slate will also come with Samsung’s innovative infrared remote capability and “Watch ON”, a personalized search and recommendation service for finding TV shows and on-demand video content.
The device will be available for purchase at Best Buy, Amazon, PC Richards, Fry’s, Tiger Direct, Walmart and Samsung.com, and pre-orders are already open!